Nursing job available now at Premiere Urgence Internationale. Below is the full details about the company, the job and requirements.
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursing job
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Under the direct supervision of the Nurse Team Leader, the Nurse provides patients consultations in collaboration with Midwife and other team members in MHC team. S/he follows PUI protocols and standards to ensure quality and continuity of care, promotion and restoration of health of the patients and population.
- When designated, the Nurse will act as MHC Team Leader in h/her particular MHC team to replace the current Team Leader or any other member in the team.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Establish personal rapport with potential and actual patients and their relatives.
- Assess urgency and make sure urgent cases are seen first.
- Assess and identify patients health needs.
- In the role of Clinician, manage the cases under his/her line of technical expertise, but also provide nursing care according to the need of the patient.
- Adhere to his/her level of therapeutic standards.
- Give first aid when needed.
- Provide low-key psychological support/Basic Psychological First Aid to patients according to need.
- Provide individual and group health education to patients, when appropriate.
- Document collected information on health cards and other records.
- Support in various data collection.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with Universal standards, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Ensure coordination and continuity of care through verbal and written reports and coordination with the other health staff.
- The Nurse will work in MHC team, but might be asked to support health team where needed & replace other positions where appropiate (nurses in other departments, registrar, dispenser) when absent.
- Participate actively in meetings and trainings when required.
- Perform other relevant duties as requested by supervisors.
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Language Skills: Fluent in English (speaking, reading & writing)
- Fluent in local languages – Hausa and Kanuri.
- Education Level: Recognized Nurse degree (at least certificate level), with national legislation
- Work experience: The 2-3 years experience in Nursing, and MHC/ MHU setting especially.
- Work experience with other NGO’s would be an asset.
- Team work: Shows ability to work in a team and provide technical supervision
- Communication: able to communicate clearly with respect for patients, caretakers, team members and supervisors
- Motivation: shows commitment, flexibility and is service oriented
- Problem solving skills
- Stress management
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following documents below Using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
- Updated CV,
- Letter of motivation,
- Copy of work certificates,
- Copy of relevant certificates
- Reference contacts.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted.
- This position is open to Nigerian nationals only.
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: October 23,2017
To stay updated with current health jobs, visit this category